As Thanksgiving approaches, we want to share our gratitude – for the opportunity to train hundreds of students this year. David Tollen’s courses about technology contracts ranged from Tech Contracts Master Classes and webinars, to in-house programs, to LinkedIn Live conversations. We hope you will check out our next (free) LinkedInLive conversation on Nov. 29: Hard Issues in Tech Indemnities. And the free resources available on our website – articles on tech contracting topics; sample clauses and full-length contracts. (Details below).
Planning ahead for 2023? Need CA CLE, especially if you have a January 31, 2023 reporting deadline? Enroll now in our January 2023 Tech Contracts Master Class series. Our programs offer practical knowledge, in a convenient format, for businesspeople and lawyers. And, they are a great way to earn continuing legal education credit.
Tech Contracts Master Classes™: January 2023
These four distance learning classes, each two hours, comprehensively cover clauses typically found in information technology contracts. And CA CLE credit is available – 8 hours for the series, 2 hours per class. More info, and register here: January 2023 Series.
- Prime Clauses: License, Subscription, IP Transfer, Payment (Jan. 10)
- General Clauses: Data Management, SLAs, Confidentiality, and other General Clauses (Jan. 12)
- Key Liability Terms: Including Indemnities, Warranties, and Limits of Liability (Jan. 19)
- End-Game and Special Clauses: Disputes, Termination, Special Terms, and OSS (Jan. 26)
Enroll in all four for automatic 10+% discount. Or take individual classes. Each includes live Q&A (written questions via chat feature), the slides, certificates of attendance – and a 35% discount on The Tech Contracts Handbook, authored by our presenter (when purchased direct from its publisher). Access to recordings will be available to registrants upon request, for a set 30 day period (that starts shortly after each class).
Free Resources From Tech Contracts Academy
- LinkedInLive conversations: Next up live, Nov. 29: Hard Issues in Tech Indemnities. And look for the recording of our August 30, 2022 conversation, Top Mistakes in SaaS Contracts.
- Articles on tech contracting topics: https://www.techcontracts.com/articles/. For example,
- Cloud Services Are Neither Products Nor Services, https://www.techcontracts.com/2020/02/20/cloud-services-neither-products-nor-services-understanding-saas-contracts/;
- There is Nothing Wrong With California Law, https://www.techcontracts.com/2021/09/13/there-is-nothing-wrong-with-california-law/.
- Sample/template tech contract clauses, full-length contracts. https://www.techcontracts.com/resources/.
Group Discounts. Register 5 or more from the same company for the same program and receive 15% off webinars, and 10% off a Master Class series (after the 10+% automatic series discount). Contact email@example.com for a discount code. (Only one discount code may be used per registration).
Consider following us on LinkedIn, and be among the first to know about programs, including free LinkedIn Live conversations.
CLE. Click here for more details about Continuing Legal Education credit. See jurisdiction(s) for which CLE credit has been approved for our programs, or for which an application may be pending. If your jurisdiction is not listed: Jurisdictions (and professions) differ as to whether students may apply individually for continuing education credit, and what is required.
Our presenter. David Tollen founded Tech Contracts Academy® LLC. An attorney, instructor at U.C. Berkeley Law School, and expert witness, he authored the American Bar Association’s perennial bestseller (our recommended reading), The Tech Contracts Handbook. It is available from Amazon here, and other retailers.
Tech Contracts Academy® is a professional training company, created to bring confidence and expertise to professionals responsible for technology contracts. It provides public and in-house training on drafting and negotiating IT agreements.
Our programs provide general education, not legal advice. This communication is not, and our programs are not, advertising to provide legal services.