Before you know it, 2023 will be here – invest just 8 hours over 3 weeks in January, and start the new year with fresh tech contracting skills. In 4 on-line Tech Contracts Master Classes™, 2 hours each, industry expert and author David Tollen offers practical knowledge, in a convenient format, for businesspeople and lawyers. And, our trainings are a great way to earn continuing legal education (CLE) credit.
Tech Contracts Master Classes™: January 2023
These four distance learning classes comprehensively cover clauses typically found in information technology contracts. CA CLE credit is available – 8 hours for the series, 2 hours per class. (And our materials may help students in other jurisdictions with their CLE self-submission efforts).
- Prime Clauses: License, Subscription, IP Transfer, Payment (Jan. 10)
- General Clauses: Data Management, SLAs, Confidentiality, and other General Clauses (Jan. 12)
- Key Liability Terms: Including Indemnities, Warranties, and Limits of Liability (Jan. 19)
- End-Game and Special Clauses: Disputes, Termination, Special Terms, and OSS (Jan. 26)
Enroll in all four for automatic 10+% discount. Or take individual classes. Each includes live Q&A (written questions via chat feature), the slides, certificates of attendance – and a 35% discount on The Tech Contracts Handbook, authored by our presenter (when purchased direct from its publisher).
Scheduling conflict? Access to recordings will be available to registrants upon request (for a set 30 day period that starts shortly after each class).
Complimentary Tech Contracts Academy Resources
In addition to our paid programs, we offer a wealth of free resources. For example:
- LinkedInLive Conversations: We hope you checked out our (free) November 29 LinkedInLive conversation: Hard Issues in Tech Indemnities. Missed it? Recordings of it and prior conversations are available on LinkedIn.
- TechContracts.com: For alerts about upcoming programs, topical articles, sample clauses, even sample contracts.
- Articles: For example,
- Ten Key Data Terms in IT Contracts: An Issue-Spotter, https://www.techcontracts.com/2022/11/03
- Cloud Services Are Neither Products Nor Services, https://www.techcontracts.com/2020/02/20;
- There is Nothing Wrong With California Law, https://www.techcontracts.com/2021/09/13.
- Sample tech contract clauses (from David’s ABA best-seller, The Tech Contracts Handbook); contracts.
- Articles: For example,
Group Discounts. Register 5 or more from the same company for the same program and receive 15% off webinars, and 10% off a Master Class series (after the 10+% automatic series discount). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code. (Only one discount code may be used per registration).
Follow us on LinkedIn, and be among the first to know about our programs, including free LinkedIn Live conversations.
CLE. Click here for more details about Continuing Legal Education credit. See jurisdiction(s) for which CLE credit has been approved for our programs, or for which an application may be pending. If your jurisdiction is not listed: Jurisdictions (and professions) differ as to whether students may apply individually for continuing education credit, and what is required. Materials we make available (e.g., slides, presenter’s biography) may assist students’ self-submission efforts.
Our presenter. David Tollen founded Tech Contracts Academy® LLC. An attorney, instructor at U.C. Berkeley Law School, and expert witness, he authored the American Bar Association’s perennial bestseller (our recommended reading), The Tech Contracts Handbook. It is available from Amazon here, and other retailers.
Tech Contracts Academy® is a professional training company, created to bring confidence and expertise to professionals responsible for technology contracts. It provides public and in-house training on drafting and negotiating IT agreements.
Our programs provide general education, not legal advice. This communication is not, and our programs are not, advertising to provide legal services.