This year, the Rocky Mountain IP Institute is hosting a virtual conference, featuring David as a speaker for two sessions.
On Thursday, July 16, David’s on-demand session Open Source Software 201: Myths and Realities of OSS Licenses will be released. During this session you will learn:
- How OSS licenses work
- OSS in SaaS and other cloud computing services
- Debunking myths surrounding OSS
- Addressing OSS in software contracts
Then, during the second week of the institute on Thursday, July 23, David will be a part of a live session from 1:15-2:05 PM MT. This session, The Rise of Big Data and What It Means for Everyone and Everything, will cover:
- Strategic commercial and regulatory considerations of Big Data
- How it is collected (including IoT) and practically used to predict behavior
- How Big Data is used to enhance consumer experience and increase efficiency
- Privacy considerations, including disclosures and public law restrictions
CLE credit is available, as well as many other sessions throughout the days of the institute. Visit their website here for more information, including pricing.